Gbenguzeze adverts

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Chance or Destiny....Part 6...(1)

........


So here was i,chilling with Makanaky and his men.........I stopped spending my money and all our wants were met by ''men'' trying to get into his good books,sycophancy was at its peak but Makanaky being who he was ,was used to such and able to separate the chaff from the wheat.

Bonfire night was so much that after everyone had gone to bed,Makanaky and his men started their gyration and started forming cycle singing their confraternity song...i was the odd one out but every now and then he would send one of his boys to come and serve me drinks and all....After some time he came to sit besdide  me

'Jojo u no see twins,since dat day he has been begging me make i no jam am'...
'Omo,e good as u put the guy on suspense jare,that will keep him in check,him own too much..
'Dagboness no be for one person na,see your landlord back in Ilorin for instance"......he laughed
'Ha Alhaji,omo ita agbalagba,that one dagbo from belle''...........i answered him with a note of nostalgia.

................................................................................................................................................................

I had arrived the university with my cousin, Ola, as a fresh faced Teenager  although Ola was already a stalite i had him to thank for allowing me to stay in his room for a while till i could get a room on campus.I quickly integrated into the system with his help although he was in the medical sciences but soon i was able to find my way around the campus ,at least i knew where the important places were.

My orientation was so fast that it took me only 2 weeks to be 'inducted' into the general assembly of the association of Abe igi.I met a friend of mine back in high school that took it upon himself to take me to coca cola village and let me meet the 'boys'' , infact that was the first time i would get drunk in school.Everybody was fresh from house and enough money in the pocket plus i made the mistake of declaring drinks for boys first ,i didn't know i was setting myself up,the rest as they say is history.

I  became friends with 3 other guys and lucky enough one of them had a bed space allocated to him,we eventually found ourselves in C block room 15

After a couple of weeks i strolled down lambaba,one of the butteries downstairs,it was a cool evening and i just wanted to have a bottle of solo coke and a stick of cigarette.I met some boys there and we argued football for a while,i was bored and did not feel like reading so i decided to watch some TV programmes at the common room.I left the common room like 9pm as i stepped out onto the walkway,i saw a guy running towards the walkway being chased by two other guys.

He zoomed past me and i noticed a big gash on his head and blood dripping down,i turned to look at the pursuers and both of them were holding ake uti (cleave axe that usually has a hole at the tip)...
the noise alerted all the students in the common room,.......

Pandemonium broke loose.........




1 comment:

  1. This is getting more interesting... More power to your elbow. God will guide you through. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete