Gbenguzeze adverts

Thursday 13 November 2014

Chance or Destiny....Part 6...(2)

.........................

Everywhere was in six and sevens,no doubt ,someone had stepped on some fragile toes and they were trying to make him pay for it.The panic stricken students started pushing and shoving and some were even trampled on.I 'plastered' myself against the wall to avoid being pushed.

I had seen things like this several times in Lagos,the best way is to do exactly the opposite of what everybody else was doing,so while everyone was rushing towards the open space,i made my  way to my room.

Now let me tell you about my room,my room consisted of some Christan brothers,Muslim brothers and OPP boys.We had three big musical decks in the room in each corner and in a bid to outdo each other with their own kind of   music,they all play at the same time,you need ear muffs so as not to go deaf.

Brother John was blasting Don Moen's Album and Saddam was blasting Obesere Fuji music,my corner was blasting Snoop Doggy's rap music....i guess everyone was trying to out blast each other,so you could not actually enjoy a good nap in the room and since we had no choice,we just had to tolerate.

By now i was able to sing all Don Moen's song,a particular album by Obesere and Snoop Doggy's rap song subconsciously by heart.I knew all the lyrics

'Saddam,una no go use noise kill person for this room o'.......
'Jojo,u sef see am,na so dem dey do'.....
'u sef join now,hahahaaa'......
'if i can't beat them i no go join them,na these brothers no dey hear word,i dey see people dey run,wetin happun?
'Na some boys dey excited come dey shook themselves o'....
'ehn, bafana bafana?....
'ehn now,the boys the boys.......i laughed as i picked up my books to head to the class area.

Getting to class,i met some of my class mates and it turned out there were having a tutorial session,i joined and was there all night because our next lecture for the following day being a Friday would start by mid day.

Early the next morning .i dragged myself back to my hostel room only to find all my room mates huddled up together in front of the room with some other guys from the rest of the rooms.

'Wetin happun Saddam' ..i asked immediately ,fearing the worst.
'omo,na shubi o'....he answered......

I looked at the faces of the my other room mates,it showed bad news so  i ran in quickly to check my bags.........it was not there.For the next 20 mins i searched my bed space like a mad man looking for Agege bread.

Everyone had already done their own checkings before i came so all were silent while i was checking my belongings.

I came out and sat on the floor with both my hands on my head......all the hustling i did during the ASUU strike had been for nothing.

The room had been burgled and all my bags with my clothes were gone,i had only two shirts and one black Lee jeans to wear till Easter break.

It was a black Thursday........................................................






1 comment: