Gbenguzeze adverts

Friday 15 August 2014

Chance or Destiny ---Part 1 Concluding......





why was i more scared about area boys? well because they were very unpredictable at least i knew the LASTMA people will tow my car but i could not predict what an area boy would do,stab me,rob me,help me or freaking scare the shit out of me.So here was i under iyana oworonshoki bridge stuck with Spikey in the evening rush traffic,Saheed was far away,Lastma was on my case infact they had phoned the tow vehicle and it was on the way (N25,000),area boys were eye balling me i was low on cash ,i had a bursted radiator,i was drenched in my own sweat,my brain had frozen.
'Oga oya lets push this car for that side so the towing vehicle can have chance' that broke through my reverie. i did not even try to plead with them because i knew it was hopeless so i obeyed like a zombie.As soon as Spikey was pushed to the slow lane,the LASTMA officer said i should wait for their oga because he would be the one to give the final go ahead for the towing.
Right then i was doing a mental calculation of the little change i had left in my account,i wished i had not given up smoking ,i would just had lit up a cigarette sharply.I checked my rear view mirror again ,i saw the LASTMA officers walking back to their pick up,probably to radio their oga,then i noticed two barrel chested fellows coming towards my car,sharply my adrenaline kicked in ,i removed my wristwatch,my neck chain quickly and hid them with my phone under my seat.
'Alaye kilo hapun?'came the guttural voice,meaning what is the issue?
'omo moto mi breakdown ni o' i replied meaning i have a breakdown.
'Ogbeni 50 thasaaaand lowo e o!' meaning ur money is N50,000
'Haaaaaaaa N50 thousand bawo?' meaning N50K like how,for not doing anything?
'we go follow Lastma talk make dem no tow ya car'
All this while it was getting dark and i did not make out the faces of the guys very well but at least they have given me an asking price it was now left to me to negotiate.I have always thougt myself to be one tough dude,so i just decided to speak their 'language' so i could get a fair deal.As i stepped out of the car to face them ,one of the area boys just shouted.
'Enginerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......omo aye , na u?'..................

No comments:

Post a Comment