Gbenguzeze adverts

Friday 15 August 2014

Chance or Destiny..Part 1-Continued

at this juncture ,i knew i had it,no way of me escaping this quagmire, i quickly took my phone and dialled Saheed's number knowing it was futile because Saheed my mechanic's workshop is in Ogba Ikeja and i was stuck at iyana oworo but i just had to make somme effort at least to show the approaching LASTMA officers that i was doing something.By this time my shirt was soaked in sweat the new Polo by Ralph Short sleeve shirt now looked like a body hug vest.
'Saheed! Saheed! i shouted through the phone.Saheed and i grew up together way back in Ogba,while i was pursuing education ,Saheed went to join his father at his mechanic workshop.The little i knew about engines i learnt it from Saheed.
'kilonsele jojo' he asked meaning 'what happened'
told him about my situation,he burst out laughing for like 10 secs and said 'spikey don decide to drive u today be that o'.I told him to stop joking around and give me a clue about what to do,he asked if i have checked the timing belt.i answered in the affirmative.
'haa omi radiator ti tan niyen o,check e' meaning i should check the radiator for loss of water and truly i found i had a burst radiator and the car sensors shut off the engine to prevent burning the gasket.i relayed it to him and he advised i get another road side mechanic to fix it since i know what the issue was now that there is no way he could get to me on time because of the traffic.
I looke through my rear mirror and saw two LASTMA guys already beside my car.
'Oga wetin hapun,as ur car spoil for here u no fit wait here o,day de dark,u de cause go slow and soon area boys go show now?'
Damn!!! i had completely forgotten about area boys,i was more scared about the area boys than the LASTMA people............

No comments:

Post a Comment