Gbenguzeze adverts

Friday 10 October 2014

Chance or Destiny...Part 5 Continues.......

.....3 years after was time for NYSC.

I had been posted to Imo state and required to hit the camp base in Umudi.I left Ilorin for Lagos because i still had to get some money.Way back then there was no GSM and internet was still fresh meaning i had to make the journey to Lagos ,get some money,do small shopping and head out to Imo state.
At the back of my mind i was going to camp to have a really really nice time,no dulling o!...

I got to the park that very morning after i had raided all the money at home,my parents of course did not know how far Imo state was so it was easy to bargain on the high side...

I was the second person in the Hiace bus so i quickly arranged myself in the front seat ,did not want to be cramped up at the back seats besides i like gisting with drivers if am going on a long trip,it usually helped them to stay awake while driving...

The bus stopped at Onitsha and transferred us into another bus,a rickety bus. I knew that bus would not get to Owerri....It didn't......

It broke down mid way and i had to learn emergency ibo language because it was getting dark and i had to get to camp before mid night.I asked for directions,i took a bike to a particular junction and by now it was very dark.Some cabs were lined up and occasionally a bike came along,i could only see a small bush path wide enough for a car.I figured the villagers made the paths themselves.
I thought getting on a bike thru the bush path would be faster,i called a bike man.

'Oga no try am o'.....one of the cab drivers warned me.
'huh,why?'.......
'people dey miss for hia o,e better make you wait ,if we see another corper i go drop u'........
'Oga ,thank you o'.....i thanked him

It sounded reasonable to me,come to think of it the bike man looked like a ritualist true true.

Minutes after another corper came along and we started gisting while we waited for the cab to fill up...

Soon it got filled up and the driver started the cab,his headlights lit up the bush path and the cab snaked through the bushes.......

we were on our way.............

No comments:

Post a Comment