Gbenguzeze adverts

Friday 10 October 2014

Chance or Destiny...Part 5 Continues.......

...Few minutes later,Bro Sola came out of his room to meet Makanaky and i sitting on the floor of the corridor .He was still sweating.
Makanaky was bleeding,he held an hankerchief to his wound,he was going to surive after all.

'Bro jo jo jo jojo'......Bro Sola stammered my name..
'Hw u dey o ,bro Sola?...i turned to address him
'Its no no no no not wha wha wha what yo yo yo you think o'......by now his lips were quivering.
'Bro Sola,we dont have time to waste ,my friend here needs to hide here till evening ,pls help us,tell  that sister to help us wash the blood of his clothes,oya,Maka remove your top'....i helped Makanaky with his top
'Ok ok,hope all is well'........Bro Sola was nodding vigourously,obviously relieved that i had trivalised what i saw and also he could sense the urgency in my voice.

'its a matter of life and death'......i said
'thank you bro'.....Makanaky was being polite

I knew he was shaken but still managed to look calm,i could see the gash on his shoulder where he had been stabbed.
''Doki,u have something to clean this wounds with?.....
''oh yes,pls let him come and sit inside'.....Sister Tola pls help get hot water'.....bro Sola sprung into action.

I was relieved ,at least Bro Sola the Doki was quick to get back to his professional self,A 500 levels Medico should be able to abort pregnancies (joking o..lol) talk less of a stab wound....

30 minutes later ,Makanaky wounds had been cleaned up,his clothes washed ,some drugs purchased for him and Sister Tola shyly asked if she could make food for us.I told her i was not hungry and will soon start to leave because i was still going to  Tanke,a bit of a distance and that all i needed was for them to keep Makanaky till it gets dark ,so he could leave under the blanket of the night.

That done,i was still able to get a cab and all the way to my house, i kept ruminating on the day's event and the what if''s
What if i had not gone outside the SUB to smoke my last cigar?
What if we were still playing poker in the SUB?
What if i had not stayed back to help Makanaky?

I smiled slightly as i recalled the last if......

What if Bro Sola had remembered to lock his door?........

I had to stop going to mini campus for games,i had enough players in my vincinity maybe i would just stick to playing at home.I had a lot to think about

I got down from the cab when i got to Tanke,crossed the road and strolled to my house,i met my landlord ,Alhaji,outside taking fresh air,he sat outside with his fat stomach like the rock of Gibraltar.I greeted him and we chatted for a while.
Alhaji was the onile(moderator) of our poker games.Seemed he enjoyed it especially the free odeku(big stout) anytime he moderates besides he was the one that usually cordinates side betting.He was a dagbo man!

'Your boys no come play cards today?'...he asked

'Dem go show tomorrow'......

I bade him good night and went to my room,my room mate was already asleep,i removed my blood stained top and crashed on the bed..I hoped my room mate wouldn't snore that night cos i was dog tired,tomorrow was another day.


Makanaky owed me his life, well  i never  knew he would pay back 3 years after.........



No comments:

Post a Comment