Gbenguzeze adverts

Friday 20 February 2015

Chance or Destiny....Part 7...(1) cont....

........................................................................................................................................

Since Alhaji had decided to be eating dogs there was no point being worried about shortage of goats again but the only problem was that all the goats had relocated.My boys and i refused to take part in eating of the 404(dog meat) even though Alhaji offered some to us several times.
Alhaji initially kept on lying that it was bush meat,thinking as we were Lagos boys we would not know the difference not until i confronted him that i saw them butchering the dog,he just smiled in that non challant way of his as if to say ''ehn ehn as una don know now nko?'

Madamski gave me Ronke's message a day before about sitting in for her Phy 302 papers,we had negotiated the fees and even collected 50 percent of my money,with the expectations of collecting the balance after i finish the exam,trust Madamski to collect his share without wasting time,using the term 'for hearing' which means once you hear or know bout a deal its is then mandatory that you get a slice of  the money.I had been up all night reading her text notes and i felt was ready for the job.

I put on my sweat top,black jeans and my Cherokee boots.I was already running late.

I was practically jogging when i entered the Lab,the exam was taking place at the Physics Lab.I looked around and i saw MS another mercenary from  the mechanical department,he winked at me to signal to me. I took my seat very close to the window as the invigilator started sharing the question papers.

The next two hours had me bent down answering questions and once a while MS and i will signal each other about a particular question.I used to look at MS as  a 'muslim brother' o but since we had bumped into each other on different occasions on the mercenary level ,it was easier for us to communicate like spies.

'5 more minutes' shouted the invigilator,he was a middle age man with thick reading glasses and a dash of white hair on his head.

'Pls when coming to submit your answer scripts also come with your i.d cards shouted again

I spun around to look at MS,i signalled to him if he had his i.d card,they have never asked for i.d card before why was this happening,or maybe someone had tipped them off about us.MS nodded at me to tell me that he had his i.d card.

I was in a fix because my i.d card was not with me and besides that i was writing the exam for a female student.

Sweat broke out from my forehead.

MS must have gone an extra mile to make a fake i.d because he was as cool as a cucumber.He stood up,tapped me on his way to submit his papers.I watched closely as the lecturer scrutinised his i.d card.
Nothing happened!

He collected his papers and MS strolled out.

'If you know you don't have your i.d card here just remain on your seats while the lab assistant goes to fetch your files from the office,so we can verify' the white haired lecturer bellowed.

I was in trouble o!
----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment