Gbenguzeze adverts

Friday 17 October 2014

Chance or Destiny...Part 5 Continues.....



'Dagbo man,na akpu you dey first fire'......He said

'Maka,na here they throway you too..hahahahha'...i joked with him...

Talking about Dagbo made me remember my landlord,Alhaji......

We gisted into the night with a couple of our school mates too....Makanaky and i had not really seen much after that incident and it was a relief to talk about it in a lighter mood.We laughed at catching Bro Sola red handed.

'Omo,na low profile i dey for here o''............Makanaky said
'e good like that o,school life don end o'........i retorted
'na so,na make person serve finish waka......

We gisted a while and in his gist i got to know that he was the number for the whole Ilorin before he left school but he still insisted that he was there on a very low profile,he did not want any trouble and luckily for him,nobody from his fraternity  was posted here so no one could point him out.

Aftere a long talk,we all retired for the night.....

The bugle woke us up early the next day for the early morning parade ,as i was rushing to the field with rest of my colleagues,i told myself i could not cope with this early morning drills o ,i must find a way around it.

We were all divided into platoons and i was to join platoon 7 which i did....for the first and very last time...lol

Throughout my stay at the camp i did not get to do any more drills.......i became a truant

I wake up anytime i like,most times with hang over,go to mammy market,play poker,eat and drink with the soldiers,go back to the hostel and sleep....and that was how my days flew by....

The camp commandant got to know that some people were not attending parades,so one day he decided to conduct the parade himself and made sure all the exits were blocked.

I had a very rough night ,my head was banging ,i could barely run but i had to because i could see the angry face of the commandant as he separated all the late comers and put a soldier in charge,..
he instructed the soldier to make sure we completed 100 frog jumps.....

No Way!!!!....i would not survive even 5 frog jumps,my head was 6 times its size,the headache was banging...

I saw the soldier moving toward us menacingly ,as soon as he got close,i recognised him,.....he was among the soldiers i drank with the night before....

'My priend ,oga catch u too?....he asked me
'Yes o,that yesterday drink too much.....abeg help me if i do any frog jump i fit die o......
'no worry aboki......when i gip u sign ,just de waka dey go,no look back o,wayo......
'ok ,ok........i was so glad

The soldier made sure the CC was not paying any attention,he quickly gave me the sign to move.

I did not hesitate,in 10 seconds i disappeared into the crowd...

And that was how i met 'ABU THE SOJA'.........




No comments:

Post a Comment